Monday, June 6, 2011

Ruined

Sometimes there is something that will jog the memory of your touch, of your skin, of your smell, of your presence. A song, a picture, a word...they hold the memory of you like a bomb ticking and waiting to explode when least expected. Most of the time I'm fine...most of the time I've learned how to deal with the disappointment brought on by my own making. But that doesn't mean I've figured out how to get over it.

I heard me say I'm going away
But now I write you everyday
You heard me say I'm going away
But I'm on the floor outside your door

You've ruined me now
You've ruined me now

You've ruined me now
But I liked it but I'm ruined
Do you have a plan?
'Cause I'm in your hands

Sometimes it smacks me upside the head just how much you've ruined me. I loved every minute of it, and I'd do it again without regret. The only true regret is that I want more.

(Lyrics by Nora Jones)

No comments: